Dad's cough is still hanging on but he's feeling so much better we aren't worried about it anymore.
The party at Moshan and Monsour's house was fun with many of our ESL students there. It was Norouz or the beginning of Spring for them. They have a special table with the specific things on it to represent the things they want to come in the new year. Candles, mirror, certain seeds and spices, fruit, eggs, flowers, and so on. And it was fun to visit and eat everyone's dishes.
Our Easter was meaningful and satisfying. I was to give the lesson to the Beehives that day and had been preparing the lesson on "how do we show our faith in Jesus Christ" and it was a wonderful experience preparing and reading and trying to see what would be the right thing to present as I teach. I gained a deepened appreciation for my Savior and His love for us and His great, merciful gift. We just can't do enough in our lives to show our gratitude, but we can trust Him to know what will make us happiest and trust that He understands when we try to do as He says.
Lara invited us over for dinner and we had a lovely meal and a happy visit. I made a bunny cake for dessert that was fun. Jon can't eat eggs so we substituted garbanzo bean juice for the eggs and the cake was tender and tasty. Instead of coconut on the bunny I shaved some white candy coating and it came out curly and really pretty. I think there was as much icing and candy on it as there was cake, but that's okay too.
And the most wonderful thing happened this week! Adam came to Dallas on a business trip to help train some people in the office that will be opening there soon and we got to see him! It has been way too long since we have seen him and it was worth the trip to Dallas to get to have dinner with him and visit some. We went to a restaurant that he had chosen from the ones in the area. It's called the Magic Time Machine.
It was a fun place with the wait staff dressed as cartoon characters and a sassy attitude. The waitress we had was Joy from the movie Inside Out. She was really cute and fun to watch. Perfect choice for our little meeting. It was so GOOD to see Adam. He looks great and is happy and successful in his new job and responsibilities.




Adam looks so handsome! Not that he doesn't normally, but this photo is especially good. When I was just scrolling down, though, the shadow behind his head made it look like he had an awesome mullet. I was equally disappointed and relieved to realize I was wrong. :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh haha I see the shadow mullet now. Business in the front, party in the back. The restaurant was so fun! Seeing Mom and Dad was the highlight of my trip. As the Dallas office grows I have a hunch they'll send me again ☺
ReplyDelete