Not much happening this past week. The condo is still for sale. Jer emailed our lender and he said that they will lend on a condo that is in a complex that has less than 25% single owner units so that's better than we had heard earlier about 11% single owner units. Jer emailed our realtor and she told all the people that have been looking at ours. She said there is an investor that was going to call her and set up an appointment. We will see what happens. Nothing yet. I don't want to be discouraged. I just get impatient and that's no way to be.
Jer finally got all the holly bushes finished up and in the trash can. It has taken 3 weeks to get it all cut up and in the trash, but now it's all done and we have a clear view out our back windows. He plans to trim the trees this week. He sprained his back yesterday and didn't want to do it today till he gets back to normal. The squirrels will be sad to lose their favorite jumping branches then, but we will probably have more sunlight on the grass.
Jer did hang the curtain rod in our second bathroom and I bought and hung a curtain so now the bathroom looks finished finally and is ready for guests! We got a curved rod so that showering will be more comfortable. I discovered curved rods in the motels we have been frequenting lately and liked them. The man didn't like trying to install it, but now that it's done he won't have to do it again.
Heather will be coming to visit the first part of September and if the condo doesn't sell we won't have a bed for her to sleep on! We still have it there so the condo will show well; we have no living room furniture, no bedroom furniture, so we're not very comfortable for guests just yet. If we don't sell it by Christmas we will bring the furniture anyway so we can have comfortable company. But I sincerely hope that won't be an issue.
We had the Barneys over for dinner last night and it was a really nice visit. We had Erin Grace chicken and they all really liked it and I did too. I made some TVP chunks that had been steeped in bouillon and added some sauce and they were actually good! They had good texture and a decent taste. I was really happy to discover that. I got the chunks and some granules online. I will have to play with them some more and see what else I can do with them. Jon made a delicious moist chocolate cake with no eggs that they shared with us. I have to get that recipe!
The ESL class is still a worry till I can get some kind of good steady resources for material. I still have to scrabble for things to do and it makes me stress. Jer will be taking the orientation class this Saturday so he will be authorized to help me when he finishes. He is a good resource for ideas and support and he is willing to do it, thank goodness. I love to be with the people in the class. I feel that they are my friends and I really want to help them accomplish their goals.
Jer told the bishop this week that we would like to be temple workers again and he said they have been asking for new people so we probably will be interviewed soon. We would like to work Thursday mornings, but we will see where they need us. I have ESL Monday and Wednesday afternoons and Mutual Tuesday evenings so Thursday will be best for me, but I can do any morning, really. The man is totally flexible.

No comments:
Post a Comment