Today was sort of a finishing up day. After breakfast Jer touched up the picture frame.

Then we went to WalMart to get a tie back for the glass door curtain. Jer mentioned that it would give us more light if we tied it back after we opened it in the mornings. I also didn't like the way it hung so I wanted to buy some curtain weights to hold it down on the leading corner. We got the tieback at WalMart, but they didn't have the weights.
Jer also wanted to buy some quarter round molding to finish off the fireplace wall around the bottom of the hearth where it joins the floor. We took off for Baytown where the Home Depot is. We thought that we could also look for the curtain weights there.
At Home Depot we got the quarter round molding and forgot to look for the curtain weights. So we went across the street to Lowes. We got a pretty hook there at Lowes for the tieback but the lady said we would have to go to Hancock Fabrics for the curtain weights. She gave us directions to get there and I stopped listening when she said get on the loop....(I had no idea what that was and knew anything she said after that would be meaningless.) But Jer listened, knew that the loop was I8 that loops around the outside of Houston, and we got there just fine. They did have the curtain weights and we got them and started to come home when I felt like I was having a sugar crash...I was SO tired all of a sudden. So Jer said what you need is a doughnut! So we stopped at a doughnut store in Baytown and went in. It was run by some Asian ladies and they did have some doughnuts, but they also had different kinds of kolaches. Apparently those were brought to Texas some time ago by new residents. They are all over down here. So Jer ordered a doughnut and they brought out two from the case and filled them right there with a machine and I had a scrambled egg, cheese, and bacon kolache. It's like a hot roll baked with the filling inside. We both enjoyed our purchases as we drove home.
When we got home Jer put on the quarter round molding along the floor at the bottom of the hearth.
I sewed on the curtain weights and ironed the front of the curtain again so that it was straighter and Jer put up the hook for the tieback. It looks pretty nice and it does let in lots more light.
And we finally assembled the picture!! And put it in its place.
We will have to get some other things to put there so it doesn't look so lonely, but it's very nice for now.
After lunch we took a little break and read some, but we kept falling asleep so we had a nap. :o) It's nice to be old and get to choose our day.
After we got up Jer started fixing the holes in the ceilings where lights are supposed to be but there are no wires. He's just going to patch and fill the holes.
I had fixed chicken and dumplings for dinner and made rolls. We had a nice evening. We hope you did too.




No comments:
Post a Comment