Friday, May 8, 2015

We have been saving lots of stuff for a ward free swap meet that is going to be tomorrow.  We took all that pile of stuff this morning from the front room and also brought all our office and computer stuff from the front room to the office so now it looks so clear and clean in there!  We were waiting to get the two big desks set up and we finally decided that we have lived with the two computers on the long table for several months and it's fine so why not just keep it like that?  And we can sell the desk.  His got broken in the move.  So now we are set up. 
                                        The living room temporary office set up.

                                                   Permanent setup in the office. 

I still have lots of pictures to hang, but you get the idea.  It's great to have the room settled.  We will add a daybed made from the two twin beds when the condo sells and we get that furniture here.  It will be for grandchildren to come visit while their parents are in the guest room.  :o) 

We aren't as young as we used to be and haven't as much stamina.  I signed up to help out at the setup of the swap meet from 12 to 4 and wore out by 2.  Lots of walking back and forth with things for the different areas.  My feet were done.  They had plenty of help so we finally just melted into the foyer and out the door.  It took a couple hours for us to recover.  So I know now that I shouldn't volunteer for that kind of thing anymore.

I did volunteer to teach ESL though.  I went to a special training session yesterday and got officially accepted to the program offered at the library branches.  I will go check in on Monday and see when they want to start the class.  I will teach a couple days a week for two hours a day.  Not especially demanding and it should be really rewarding.  I would also like to do literacy and will check on that too.  That's for English speaking adults that can't read yet.  It's not offered here in Kingwood, but could be, maybe.

The man is making plans to build some shelves in the garage.  Yesterday while I was at the class he hung the light in the garage so instead of a single bulb we have a nice long fluorescent light.  And he also hung a fluorescent in our little walkway from the house to the garage.  I really like light!

We took the chandelier from the formal dining room and painted it and put on new globes and now have a nice bright light over the kitchen table.  :o)  
         

We painted the framework light beige and replaced the amber globes with white and I love it!  This replaces the basket thing that was broken inside and wouldn't work.  We used a lamp on the table for the first few days.  Reminded me of when I was little and we had a kerosene lamp on the table to eat by in the evening. 

I went to the dr last week and he suggested I get a blood pressure monitor so that is what's on the table there.  Jer and I took our blood pressure and his is up again so he's back on his pills.  He means to lose about 15 pounds too that he put on in the last few months.  That should also help with the blood pressure.  He says he can be really faithful to a diet when he wants to be and he has been so far.  I asked the dr if I could go off my pills, but he said no.  He did take away the water pill and we will see how I do without it.

Tomorrow we will visit Lara and Sarah at the swim meet in the morning and then go buy some lumber to start the garage shelves and then attend a Sarah volleyball game in the afternoon.  We are ever so grateful for the recuperative powers of the body.  They still work even if it takes a little longer nowadays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment