Friday, April 17, 2015

We went to the temple this morning and had a sweet experience.  We have been the witness couple for the last two times we have gone.  There just aren't that many men that can go here in the middle of the day.  Last time Dad was the only man in the chapel.  We may see if we can be temple workers again after we get settled. 

We had a great rain storm yesterday!  It was pretty steady after it started.  It's fun to see how accurately the weather follows the predictions.  They say it should start raining at 3 pm or in 15 minutes, etc, and it does most of the time.  Our little gully by the road was really full this morning after that rain.  There were tornado warnings last night along with warnings of street flooding but we didn't experience anything more serious than heavy rain and thunder.  I love the rain.  Just think what a miracle it is to have water fall from the sky!!

I finally got my chipped front tooth fixed.  It was such a slight chip that the man couldn't see it or hear the difference in the way I sound, but I could.  It cost $316.08.  I had to think for a while to decide if I wanted to do it or not.  But it did bother me.  And we don't have dental insurance to pay for monthly so I guessed that this one expense was better than paying monthly for the insurance.  So I got it done.  It feels as it should now and I'm glad to have it done. 

I have a doctor appointment week after next to get established with a new doctor and renew my prescriptions.  Maybe not renew.  The dentist took my blood pressure and it was 106/62.  Maybe the dr will let me go off my pills.  I get dizzy from time to time and that's probably the reason. 

The man is continuing to fix up the condo to sell.  Our neighbor Mitzi had a for sale sign in front of her condo that said she wanted $61,500.  We told her about the guy that offered us $60,000 for our place and she called him.  Now her sign is down.  I hope she was able to get it sold to him.  She said she would take that for it so she can go back to school.  We now hope that they will wait till ours sells to get their deal closed.  It won't be good for us to ask $75,000 when hers sold for $60,000.  But we can only do what we can do and see what happens. 

We now have a tentative acceptance of the loan from the underwriters. For a $60,000 loan, we expect no problem.  Next Tuesday we go for the walk through and then Wednesday we get the keys!  We are really looking forward to getting settled.  We plan to go tomorrow and mow the grass.  It's getting pretty long and looking messy.  Then we can leave the mower and the wheelbarrow and some similar things in the garage too.  The main garage door is on an opener but the little door next to it is unlocked so we can go in and open the big one.  :o)  Of course, so can anyone else too, but we expect no problems. 

I am excited to get some pecans in the shell today!  I like to eat them as a snack between meals and I have run out and they aren't in stores till around the holidays.  But I found a place online that has them!!  We will see if they come today as promised. 

I have been looking for years for something interesting and productive to do with my time and this week as I prayed about it and asked what Heavenly Father suggested I saw myself as a family history consultant.  I love family history but I don't know much about the new materials and websites.  So I will have to get caught up.  I expressed my fears and doubts to the man and he said, Pssh!  You can learn anything!  :o)  What a supportive man!  I knew there was a reason I married him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment