We went to church at 9 and had a good experience again. I like this ward. They are all so friendly and alive. They listen and answer questions in class and participate and speak out and have fun together. They have a family feel that is very pleasant. And they are very friendly to us. They are happy that we are there and we are happy to participate. We will attend the Christmas party Friday at 7 and then help clean the church building Saturday at 9.
This week they introduced a new program to us called Justserve. You go to Justserve.org and see all the opportunities there are where we can serve in the community. We aren't supposed to pass out tracts or Books of Mormon but just do some kind of community service and be there to help. I REALLY like that kind of service. I have been meaning to go to the library to volunteer for something, so I will do it tomorrow.
Saturday
Jer did some more running around to get legal stuff done and I stayed home and put things away. Got the tree up and decorations out. I made out menus and went grocery shopping for the week and got a really good haircut that I like. I will go there again.
And when it was time to come home with my purchases I waited for the high school parade. There is one main street through Crosby and it was taken up with a million decorated four wheelers with teenagers driving them and trucks on huge wheels. They were throwing out candy so there were lots of kids along the road gathering that up. Finally the parade was over and I could come home. The high school football team was in the quarter finals and Friday was their last game. We think they lost, but they had to celebrate anyway.
When Lara got home from work she called and we met her and the family at their ward for their ward Christmas party where they had delicious food and the bishopric sang a song together and made the heads of the auxiliaries do the same. I was really glad none of us were required to do anything.
With the mirror, we get two trees for the work of putting up only one!

No comments:
Post a Comment